A document containing information about applying for a loan, types of loans, lists of banks used is called a credit history. It is kept in the BCH (credit bureau) for up to 10 years after the last entry. If a person has never taken out a loan, he will be given a zero credit history to apply.
The number of requests for the issuance of credit histories has increased since the moment when the legislation provided the right to find out about the status of your CI 2 times a year free of charge. If necessary, you can pay for this service several more times. Upon request, the bureau undergoes an identification procedure.
Who is looking for information about credit history
1. People who previously took out a loan to clarify its closure. Be sure to check your own history when applying for a credit card. It also needs to be closed at a bank branch, otherwise a rather big sum will come up for annual service.
2. Bank when applying for a loan. He needs to know about the reliability of the future client. In case of debt, frequent delays, bankruptcy, financial institutions have the right to refuse to conclude an agreement.
3. Car sharing services (short-term car rental). Companies will not lend a car to a person with outstanding large loans.
4. New employers verify the potential employee’s credit history with the consent of the potential employee. According to which, they make their decision on hiring.
5. Investigative authorities when initiating criminal cases.
6. Notary in connection with the need to carry out an inspection of inherited property. Perhaps real estate or other values are pledged by the bank.
You can find out your own history through the portal of public services; Central Bank website; through the bank where the loan was issued. Several BKIs operate in Russia. Perhaps a person’s credit history is kept in several bureaus. Lenders submit credit records to the bureau as new information becomes available about loans and their repayment by the borrower. The sources for the formation of documents are banks, microfinance organizations, credit cooperatives and operators of investment platforms.
Pros of knowing your own history
Unexpected unpaid debts. After the dismissal of the employee, the company ceases to pay for the maintenance of the salary card, and according to the terms of the contract, the payment is debited from the owner.
Due to the mistakes of the bank employees. Perhaps the story is written in the namesake.
Cons when contacting the BCI
A large number of views will alert a potential lender. If a person is not sure about the repayment of regular loans, this is a suspicious fact.
The database update is out of time. Long delays in account closure information can cost the client several sleepless nights.
Obtaining information on history is possible:
Through the mail.
By personally contacting the BKI.
Using an electronic document.
A person who does not know the exact credit history runs the risk of being a debtor to the bank.